The Camden Wade Scholarship was established by Safdie Rabines Architects in memory of Camden Wade, NewSchool of Architecture and Design class of 2014. The scholarship provides financial support for students who follow Camden’s path towards an architectural degree by transferring to NewSchool from any California community college. Recipients receive $10,000 towards tuition, awarded at $5,000 annually for two (2) years.
Awards are based on need and merit:
• Need-based criteria: Students must submit a FAFSA to NewSchool and have an EFC that is less than 15,000
• Merit-based criteria: Students must demonstrate merit by submitting a design portfolio and 1-2 page statement describing why they want to pursue architecture
• A completed Scholarship Application Form (page 2)
• A maximum 2-page essay entitled Why I Want to Pursue Architecture
• A digital design portfolio showcasing your work. Note this may be the same portfolio you submitted when applying to NewSchool. Artwork, professional projects, or other essays may also be included.
Candidates meeting the selection criteria are shortlisted by the NewSchool of Architecture and Design and presented to Safdie Rabines Architects for consideration. Recipients are selected by members of NewSchool and Principals of Safdie Rabines Architects.